Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday, 4 December 2010

Taking things too seriously..

There are some things in life we often take too seriously.. This diagram perfectly illustrates what I am trying to convey..


Yes, I realize my sense of humor is somewhat salacious.. But, I concede the fact that the youths of today have a lascivious mind, ergo further intensifying the subject matter.. Among the things that people take seriously are for instance is theories about the world ending in 2012.. One in which states that the ancient Mayans predicted such a predicament.. That their calenders only went up until 2012.. Here's something that might make you think otherwise..
Another argument that can be brought forward in this topic is understanding the usage of hyperbolic words. For example, "Practice makes perfect".. While one can argue that this is not true due to the fact that nobody is perfect.. The idiom was coined to encourage people to practice to reach an ideal level of skill.. The fact that perfect exists as a destination is understandable.. But the reality is that reaching such a destination is quite preposterous.. Another thing that we might argue based on the idiom is the definition of perfect.. Is it flawless? Or is it simply skillful? Based on the skill, often the idiom when subjected to different situation bears different answers due to the figurative or literal understandings that might emanate in the course of that argument.. This exemplifies the topic that I have brought forth today..

Another thing in which I have often had a problem with is when individuals fail to realize the figurative or metaphoric ways of articulating feelings in a song.. They would say things like this song has no meaning when in fact, they failed to realize what the song is trying to portray.. An example, Lady GaGa - Telephone (feat. Beyoncé).. The song is trying to say that Lady GaGa wants to enjoy her life but, obstacles are always diminishing her from doing so.. That was what I heard from the song anyway..

But, GaGa told MTV News that this song is about her "fear of suffocation." She explained: Something that I have or fear is never being able to enjoy myself. 'Cause
I love my work so much, I find it really hard to go out and have a good time." Gaga added that the phone in the song isn't just a physical phone, but also somebody in her head telling her to keep working harder and harder. "That's my fear - that the phone's ringing and my head's ringing," she explained. "Whether it's a telephone or it's just the thoughts in your head, that's another fear."

See? Even I have a problem relating to taking things too seriously..

Now what to do?

STOP taking these things too seriously..
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...